Dr. Sebi Diet: What Are Its Advantages And Disadvantages
Dr. Sebi diet is diet comprises of all plant food. It provides required nourishment to the body, keeping its pH in control. It also helps in weight loss and making the body disease-free.
‘Dieting’ is quite a fad in the present time. Everyone desires a well-toned body and strives accordingly. One such diet routine that is prevalent these days and has made some buzz is ‘Dr. Sebi Diet’.
Before we dig deeper, here is a brief of what is Dr Sebi Diet. The diet has received its name from the Alfredo Bowman alias Dr Sebi. He introduces himself as a herbalist and a healer. He does not hold a degree in medicine or pharmacy, yet claims to have discovered a cure for diseases such as leukaemia and AIDS. He believes that mucus and acidity are the major causes of diseases in the human body.
What is Dr Sebi Diet?
Dr Sebi believed that the acidic medium is the main cause of diseases occurring in our body. Therefore, to achieve health, one must keep their medium alkaline.
He, therefore, suggested avoiding certain items from a diet that our diet is generally comprised of.
Food To Avoid In Dr Sebi Diet
- Alcohol and animal products are alkaline in nature. It disturbs the body pH. Thus, it should be avoided
- In a microwave, food is cooked in plastic utensil which leaves its traces and makes it unhealthy.
- Canned food contains a preservative, so avoid packaged (canned) food items and fruits that are seedless.
Food To Include In Dr Sebi Diet
- Eat vegetables like Bell pepper, kale and avocados.
- Eat fruits like apples, mangoes and oranges.
- Include whole grains in your diet, like rye, rice, etc.
- For oils, try options such as coconut oil and olive oil.
- Use natural sweeteners such as date syrup.
What Are The Advantages Of Dr Sebi Diet?
A plant-based diet has always been considered healthy. This diet plan definitely packed with benefits. The major benefits of this diet are:
- It helps in weight loss
- It controls the appetite
- Keep the gut healthy
What Are The Disadvantages Of Sr. Sebi Diet?
The diet plan definitely has benefits, that is why it has gained such tremendous popularity. But, has certain disadvantages as well. The diet is likely to leads deficiency of certain nutrients such as Vitamins, proteins and Omega – 3.
Way To Fill the Nutrition Gap
To overcome the deficiencies caused by Dr. Sebi’s diet plan, one can resort to certain supplements that are easily available.
- Omega – 3: The Omega – 3 fatty acids could be present in plant products but their amount is usually negligible, compared to the amount found in animal products. Therefore, one must take suitable supplements.
- Vitamin B12: Deficiency of this vitamin can cause anaemia. Therefore, supplements must be taken.
- Proteins: Proteins are a major bodybuilding component that is required for the functioning of the brain, muscles, DNA, etc. Its deficiency can cause some serious health issues.
The plan does work to ease the process of weight loss, but it restricts the intake of several protein rich food such as lentils. This might cause severe weakness in the body because of protein deficiency.
Disclaimer: – Dr Sebi diet is a popular diet but it may cause severe deficiencies of nutrients. Before following this diet, we advise you to consult your health practitioner.