Tips To Keep Dental Problems At Bay
According to a study, oral diseases affect an estimated 3.5 billion people, and untreated caries in permanent teeth is one of the most common health problems. It could be overcome by regular dental checkups.
Oral health is an integral part of the well being of an individual. Oral health comprises much more than good teeth. Our teeth allow us to chew our food, make us look better aesthetically. They are the most imperative part of the digestive system. But it is also the aspect of healthcare, which is neglected by individuals across the world. Many countries developing and developed face a burden of oral diseases annually. They are the common health diseases seen across the world. Oral cancer is one of the leading causes of male mortality in the world. So we should have a clear understanding the oral health conditions and its treatment.
Tips For Keeping Your Oral Health Healthy
- The first thing that should do is to brush your teeth regularly. Brushing the teeth removes calculus and plaque between them and prevents caries and foul odour. Brushing should be twice a day.
- The most contributing factor to dental problems is sugar. Avoid sugary food as it damages the enamel of the teeth. Make a habit of gargling and brushing after eating anything sweet.
- Another most important factor contributing to dental health is tobacco. Quit smoking.
- Limit your alcohol intake
- Make it a point to visit your dentist every six months.
- Use toothpaste that has fluoride in it.
- People with diabetes are at a greater risk to develop the oral disease. Make sure to check your blood sugar regularly.
When You Should Consult Your Dentist
According to a study, oral diseases affect an estimated 3.5 billion people, and untreated caries in permanent teeth is one of the most common health problems. It could be overcome by regular dental checkups, during the regular dental checkups, your dentist looks the overall health of your teeth, along with areas that might become troublesome after some time. Additionally, your dental professional will also remove tartar and plaque from your teeth and might also polish it. He/she will also share timely tips to keep your dental health in a good state.